Poppy Cottage, Bothel, Cumbria
Poppy Cottage is rated 'Excellent' on Tripadvisor (look up Poppy Cottage Bassenthwaite).
Poppy Cottage is an enchanting 4 star holiday cottage, located just north of Bassenthwaite and Keswick.
This traditional 18th Century lakeland cottage is set in the tranquil village of Bothel, providing easy access to Bassenthwaite (5 miles), Keswick (12 miles), Cockermouth (7Miles), the Western Lakes, Skiddaw, and the Solway Coast (10 miles).
It sleeps three people in one double bedroom and one single bedroom. Renovated to comfortable modern standards this owner maintained cottage offers well-equipped self catering holiday accommodation, including a cosy lounge with oak beams and log burner.
An ideal retreat for couples and small families, and we also welcome pets so that all of the family can enjoy the beauty of the Lake District.
Poppy Cottage has a wonderful two part garden, complete with lawn areas, a summerhouse, picnic table and patio set.
The cottage is only a short walk from the local pub which serves food.
Poppy Cottage is the ideal location from which to explore Cumbria. Visit our to do page for further information.
- Sleeps up to 3 people in one double bedroom and one single bedroom
- Fully equipped kitchen diner with dishwasher
- Bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle
- Wi-Fi broadband, Flat screen TV, Freeview, DVD, CD player, radio, I Pod docking station
- Laundry room with washing machine, tumble drier, chest freezer, rotary clothes line
- Log burner and Full gas central heating
- Two Enclosed Gardens
- Walkers and cyclists welcome (secure storage for at least 2 bicycles in laundry room)
- Pets – Up to two well behaved dogs welcome
- Parking – in the parking bay opposite or roadside parking immediately outside the cottage.
We provide the essentials for your stay free of charge
- Bedding for double room and single beds
- Bath and hand towels for each guest
- T-towel, oven gloves, kitchen hand towel
- Bath mat and bathroom hand towel
- Selection of books, games, maps, walking/cycling guides
- Initial supplies of toiletries, toilet rolls, tissues, tea & coffee, salt & pepper, cooking oils & vinegar, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, cleaning materials, kitchen roll, cling film, kitchen foil, bin bags
- Initial supply of logs, coal and kindling
- Outdoor toy box and indoor rainy day box to keep the little ones entertained
- High chair and cot available on request at no extra charge - bedding for the cot is not provided
In the Garden
There is an attractive enclosed cottage garden with a timber summer house and facilities for relaxation and outdoor dining.
Just pack a suitcase, we’ll do the rest.